Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lesson's of Life



I have decided to make a little booklet of advice for myself from myself. 

The world is full of many wonderful people, whom are all willing and capable to lend a hand and provide some of their wisest words to help you along your journey. I'm sure we all have met a handful of these people in our lives and will meet some more soon to come. We owe people like these our gratitude. But, sometimes, the best person for you to listen to and learn from, is indeed your own self.

  "Know thyself" is a quite popular Ancient Greek Aphorism which has multiple meanings to different people and situations. When I hear this term, I like to think it means that you need to become familiar with your own views and opinions. I think it means to understand your goals and have a clear vision of what you want. But overall, I think that "Know thyself"  means to listen and accept advice from yourself. When you listen to your own advice, you can accept who you are. To truly "Know thyself" you must trust yourself and understand who you are and who you want to become.

In my opinion, I think making a booklet of advice for future reference is a way of getting to know myself. Someday I want to look back and smile at my words. I want to say, "So that is what I wanted to tell myself after experiencing this situation".

 I will be adding a date to every lesson I write, so I can ponder upon the occasion of my advice. I feel as though, that is my way of explaining the situation. Even though I am not writing down in the booklet why I chose to give myself that advice on that day, I hope I can later assume such descriptions from the date. If not, I hope I know myself enough to realize it might have not of counted as much as the advice i'm recollecting itself.

In the future, I hope to share a few of these lessons on this blog. Maybe I can spark and idea in somebody and give them some advice unknowingly. And if you liked the idea of making a self advice booklet and want to try it out, I give you my best support. It's one way you can get to know yourself. Maybe you will majorly help yourself out sometime in the future by writing down important lessons of your life. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a stellar idea! I love when you say, "I hope I know myself enough to realize it might have not of counted as much as the advice i'm recollecting itself" - I'll bet that will be what happens. What you'll be doing is seeing the good in each situation - the learning experience. That's a very healthy way to live, and you'll go far with that attitude!! Enjoy the journey ahead - it is what makes you who you will be in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete